Financial Aid Application Process
At Berman, we are committed to providing an excellent Jewish and secular education to each of its students and helping every family who prioritizes a Modern Orthodox Jewish education to enroll their children regardless of their family's ability to pay. To that end, we offer tuition assistance to families in financial need. Every family is a treasured member of our Berman community, and every child deserves access to the incredible education available in our classrooms.
At the same time, the school must implement fair, consistent, and sustainable tuition aid policies. Balancing these concurrent needs is a critical task for the future of the entire school. Thus, the Board created an independent Financial Aid Committee charged with determining appropriate Financial Aid awards in a manner that is respectful, co-operative, and as transparent as possible.
In this spirit, the Financial Aid Committee is sharing the following information about the 2019/2020 academic school year Financial Aid Process: a summary of factors that affect Financial Aid award decisions and the process schedule.
Financial Aid Process Timeline for Current Berman Families Only*
- March 15, 2019: Completed Financial Aid application packages are due to TADS.
- March 31, 2019: Financial Aid applications submitted between March 16 and March 31 will be accepted when accompanied by a $100 late application penalty.
- April 15, 2019: Financial Aid applications submitted between April 1 and April 15 will be accepted when accompanied by a $600 late application penalty.
- May 15, 2019: Financial Aid decisions are due to families.
- May 31, 2019: Families wishing to appeal Financial Aid decisions must notify Berman and submit fully completed appeals to TADS. Note: Appeals must contain new information that was not included with the original application, and appeals must not request that Berman violate its Financial Aid policy.
- June 14, 2019: Final Financial Aid decisions are due to families that have submitted appeals.
- June 15, 2019: Financial aid appeals submitted between June 1 and June 15 will be accepted when accompanied by a $300 late fee.
- June 28, 2019: Final financial aid decisions are due to families that have submitted late appeals between June 1 and June 15.
* New and prospective families can submit a financial aid application as soon as an admissions application has been submitted. Once a Financial Aid application is complete, the Financial Aid Committee will make a decision within two weeks. For more information, please contact Linda Kaiser at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Committee Chairperson:
Mr. George Wollner is the Chair of the Financial Aid Committee.
We have a complete confidentiality between the Financial Aid Committee, which reviews the application and awards the grants, and the school’s educational administrative team and the Board of Directors.
In order to ensure this privacy, the only school contact for financial aid matters is Linda Kaiser who can be reached at 301.962.9400 ext. 5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Linda serves as the Financial Aid Liaison; feel free to contact Linda with any questions.
Before You Apply
Your application will be submitted via the TADS FINANCIAL AID system. It is important that you carefully follow the special Berman instructions. Before you proceed with the application process please click on the link below and print out these instructions so that they will be handy as you fill out the online TADS application.
To apply for financial aid, please read the Special Instructions and visit the TADS buttons below.
The worksheet below will help you prepare to fill out the TADS Financial Aid Application and WILL NOT be accepted as an application.
If you have any questions about the filing deadline, please email them to Linda Kaiser at email@example.com.
We are happy to help you through this process.