All gifts are appreciated and are tax deductible.
Make a gift using a credit card.
Berman works diligently to provide the children of our modern Orthodox Jewish community with a stable, high-quality, and value-centered education at reasonable cost. As we pursue our educational goals and promote our core values we are proud to say:
Berman students excel.
- Mean SAT scores have been higher than national, state, and top Montgomery County public schools over the last five years;
- School days are split 50-50 between Judaics and general studies and include preparation for top colleges and top yeshivot and seminaries;
- Students receive many awards and external recognition;
- Educational technologies are integral to the classroom.
Berman is well managed.
- We are financially stable with no bad debt due to an effective tuition collection system, growing endowment, and balanced budget.
- We own our building and property.
- With preschool -12th grades under one roof, we keep down expenses for central staff while sharing staff capabilities across many levels.
- Our use of "green power" has helped reduce our energy expenses by 25 percent.
- We completed a successful capital campaign to make resources available for future building repairs and renovations.
- We strive to keep tuition below increases in the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Berman is in a prime location.
- There is a strong job market for families moving from out of town.
- A highly educated population provides skilled teachers and an involved PTO.
- Our 70 years in the Washington, D.C. area has resulted in several generations of families who have attended Berman.
- A sizable and growing total Jewish population is within commuting distance of the school (Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia region).
- We enjoy a good relationship with the diverse and affordable Aspen Hill neighborhood.
- We contribute to the local economy in a robust way: families new to Berman purchased almost $35 million in local real estate during the last 10 years.
Why give to Berman?